Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pulled Pork


This past weekend I canned 7 pints of pulled pork. This was my first time canning it. I have always froze it in meal size portions before. While it turned out a little darker then when I just freeze it and it has a little more sauce then normal it still looks good. I plan on using the pork to make sandwiches but if it is to saucy it will not go to waste as hubby as already come up with another way to use it. He thinks it will be great heated up and served over steak fries with shredded cheddar cheese on top. :) Personally I think it would make a good chip dip. :)

All I did was roast two bone in pork loin roasts until done in a 350 degree oven. Then shredded the pork when it was cool enough to handle. Mixed with Sweet Baby Ray's Original Barbecue sauce. Brought it all up to a simmer then packed in the jars, wipe the rims and then add the lids and rings. Then I processed them for 75 minutes in a pressure canner at 10 lbs pressure which is what is called for in my area.

These jars of pulled pork will make for fast fix meals for us on busy days. :) Just another reason I love canning.

No comments:

Post a Comment