Friday, September 28, 2012

Easy Peasy Stuffed Turkey Rolls


I haven't been able to blog for awhile because my garden finally came in so I have been busy canning. Plus I was busy caring 24/7 for a disabled uncle. His dementia and sundowners was getting worse and wearing me out. He went into a nursing home last month because I could no longer care for him 24/7 I am sorry to say.

For dinner tonight I made stuffed turkey rolls, mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, home canned green beans and opened up a can of jellied cranberry sauce. The men folk must have really liked it because they cleaned their first plates and went back for seconds. LOL

A couple of weeks ago our local store had Jenni O turkey tenderloins on sale for buy 2 get 3 free. I got 10 of them total. I took one package today and sliced the tenderloins in half from side to side, end to end. Pound each one out a little between two pieces of plastic wrap to make them about a 1/4 inch thin. Then I took some store brand chicken stuffing mix, made it up and put two scoops on each piece of turkey, rolled them up and secured them with a tooth pick at each end. Place them in a casserole dish and then placed the rest of the stuffing in the middle. Placed in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes then took them out, opened a jar of roast turkey gravy, spooned it over top of everything and placed back in the oven for another 15 minutes at 400 degrees.


Before cooking of course. :)


Lookin good!! YUM!!!


Tender, moist and oh so yummy!! :)

An easy peasy Thanksgiving style dinner for any day of the week. Have I made you hungry yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment