Monday, March 18, 2013

March Stock Up Shopping

As most of you know we live on a limited income and only get our checks once a month. I watch all the ads for the week we get our checks and plan my shopping and menus for the month around what I can find on sale for super good prices. I also watch for good sales on meats, produce and fruit and buy big amounts to can and use for later dates.

This month included a trip to Lowery's Meat Market where I got just under 100 pounds of meat for $188.37. I love their meats. Everything tastes so good and the prices compared to Walmart, Meijers and Harding's are so much cheaper. Plus the meat is better at Lowery's if you want my honest opinion.

Here is a few pictures of the meat I got this month.






In the packages are ground sirloin, spareribs, fresh Italian brats, Cheddar brats, Jim Dean Italian sausage, breakfast sausage, honey loaf  and pepper loaf lunch meats, Colby cheese, cheddar cheese and pepper jack cheese. Of course hubby had to have his hot links and Mississippi smoked sausage. LOL Oh and plus I got two-50 pound bags of red potatoes.

We made a day of going out to eat at Golden Corral for lunch which was great! I have never been there before and then we spent the rest of the day shopping. We went to Lowery's, Walmart and Meijers. I stocked up on two months worth of meat, one month of other items plus some cabbage and corned beef briskets that I canned.

Here are some pictures of some of the other stuff I stocked up on.





All total I spent a little over $375 dollars to buy all that I got. Of course not all of it is pictured here because I didn't have time to take pictures of all of it. I had to get the meat taken care of. Other than buying milk, fresh produce and eggs I won't need to go shopping for another two months. Well that is unless I come across some really good buys in the next two months. LOL

Happy shopping everyone. Hope you are all getting some really good deals. :) Now I am off to split a double decker chocolate moon pie with hubby. I love those darn things but they are not good for my bg levels so we split them.


No comments:

Post a Comment