Monday, January 28, 2013

Canning Smoked Sausage Soup

I decided on Saturday to can some Smoked Sausage Soup. All I did was quadrupled the recipe, left out the bay leaf and cooked in in a big stock pot just long enough to re hydrate the dried vegetables but I don't think I let it cook long enough before canning since the vegetables re hydrated even more in the pressure canner while it was processing them.




As you can see there is less broth then there should be so I will be adding more when I open a jar to heat it up. By quadrupling the recipe I was able to get 9 quarts. Only 8 are pictured because I gave my bil one before I took the picture.

I processed the soup at 10 lbs pressure for 90 minutes. It will come in handy on days I am to busy, to tired or to sick to cook. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment