Thursday, January 24, 2013

Home Canned Pot Roast Dinner


Yesterday I was pretty tired all day and didn't feel like taking the time to cook a whole meal from scratch so I pulled out two jars of the pot roast w/ potatoes and carrots I canned a month or so back.  A store bought can of peaches and a can of biscuits that I had gotten on sale last week in a buy 2 get 3 free deal.  I dumped the jars of pot roast in a baking dish.


Placed it in a 375 degree oven and let it heat up for 20 minutes then I  but the biscuits on a baking sheet and placed them in the oven. I opened the peaches and placed them in the freezer to chill a bit.


Not a fancy meal but a filling one that took me all of about 5 minutes to prepare and clean up was minimal.  I love meals like that on days I just don't feel like cooking. And there is no running out to a restaurant or getting take out which can blow a budget really quick. :)

Just one of the many reasons I am a prepper and proud of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment