Thursday, January 24, 2013

Smoked Sausage Soup

It's really cold here again today so I decided to make a pot of soup. I haven't made Smoked Sausage soup in a few years so it was past time to make it again. It's been so long since I made it that Hubby doesn't remember me ever making it before but I can assure him I have. :) The last time I made it I used my biggest crock pot and between him and my oldest son they ate the whole pot of soup. LOL


                                              Doesn't it look good? And it taste so yummy!!

To make the soup I started with:

 a half a package of Eckrich smoked sausage.
1 cup of dehydrated mixed veggies which equals a 16 oz bag of frozen veggies
2 med potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups water
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons dried parsley
2 teaspoons dried minced onions





   I sliced the sausage, peeled and cut the potatoes in cubes and added them both to the crock pot.


      Then I added the dehydrated veggies, the salt, pepper, parsley, dried onions and bay leaf.


Lastly I added the 2 cups water and 2 cups chicken stock. I turned the crock pot on high and let it cook for 8 hours. Hubby and I each had a nice big bowl and there is enough left for our lunch tomorrow. :) I love a good pot of homemade soup on really cold days.



2 comments:

  1. Ahh, this looks good, Carol! I'm going to try it soon but I think I'll stir fry everything a little first and do it on the stove rather than in a slow cooker. Mmm, can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I like this soup and I do not like smoked sausage that is saying something for it. LOL I love this soup!

      Delete